In October, the second lockdown started and Astrid expected to be brimming with inspiration, just like in the first lockdown. But nothing turned out to be further from the truth. Like many others, she was quite discouraged. Yet she felt the urge to create something and did not want to give up. Astrid started to draw small everyday objects that were in her house. In this way, with the same colour palette, she created all different, small still lifes: one more imaginative than the other and each in a different format. Together they form a whole, a large still life that captures the quiet life of that period. (total of 20 works)
29,6 cm x 26,2 cm.
Crayon marker and coloured pencil.
Astrid Vandendael wanted to share some fun facts about her and her work:
– She loves rabbits very much. And also dinosaurs!
– Astrid is originally from Leuven but now lives in Ghent.
– She likes to experiment with materials. Her illustrations do not only consist of pencil, ink, or marker. She also likes to add digital elements and different printing techniques to make the perfect collage.
– Astrid first studied illustration at PXL in Hasselt and then Animation at the KASK in Ghent.
– Her figures are often fat and ignorant. They try to understand their surroundings, but only half succeed.
– She usually starts from my own experiences and daily events but looks at it in a melancholic and somewhat distant way.
– Very important: her birthday is 22 August. (Feel free to send cake and cards)
Adel Setta, Alana Knight, Alexandra Theunis, Alies Torfs, Amnesia Scanner, Andro Boulougouris, Andy Eeckhaut, Anne Podevyn, Annelore De Cock, Anthony Ngoya, Antoine Dechambre, Antoine Grenez, Arthur Dufoor, Astrid Vandendael, Boris Deben, Briek Lesage, Carmen Pazos, Catherine Lemblé, Cato Crevits, Charlotte Daniëlse, Chloë Nuñez-Garcia, Clara Duflos, Clara Van Severen, Clara Wouters, Clara-Lane Lens, David Smulders, Denisa Teglas, Elisa Maenhout, Emma Terweduwe, Emmeline Geiregat, Eva Donckers, Eva Lynen, Fleur De Roeck, Gelique Pirard, Geran Knol, Guillaume Varache, Hannah Brugge, Hanne Fatah, Hanne Van Assche, Herlinde Raeman, Hyun De Grande, Jean-Samuel N’Sengi, Jeanne Dubé, Jill Verhaeghe, Joanna Maria Druyts, Joëlle Dubois, Jonas Reubens, Julia Garcia Rubio, Julie Pittevils, Julie Van Eyck, Kayla Van Durme, Ken Meersman, Lara Gasparotto, Larpie & Quintano, Leda Devoldere, Leen Hoogmartens, Lidia Sciarrotta, Lieven Van Vercruyssen, Liia Kosolovska, Linde Stevens, Lisa Gautama, Liz Verbruggen, Louise De Buck, Louise Degraeve, Louise Delanghe, Lynn Elshof, Maarten Van Mieghem, Manon Leneveu, Mathieu V. Staelens, Max Dreezen, Maxim Ryckaerts, Mayli Sterkendries, Michiel Debusseré, Mieke Galle, Migena Demaj, Natasha Pirard, Natasja Mabesoone, Nick Moons, Nina Vandeweghe, Oriane Verstraeten, Paule Josephe, Paulien Jans, Pauline Colleu, Phaedra Van Genabet, Rachel Daniëls, Ramy Moharam Fouad, Rein De Wilde, Renaat Nijs, Sam De Buysere, Sander Adriaens, Sander Mortier, Sara De Graeve, Sarah De Bruecker, Seppe Dyck, Seppe Vancraywinkel, Sharon Van Cleuvenberg, Shervin Sheikh Rezaei, Shirley Villavicencio Pizango, Sofie Devriendt, Stijn De Pourcq, Sven Goewie, Tessa Van Thielen, Thor Salden, Tine Vandamme, Tineke De Meyer, U.S.Girls, Ulana Perveeva, Valerie De Backer, Violet Braeckman, Virginie Corens, Yaqine Hamzaoui, Zeste Le Reste
Keen on discovering new art?
Get access to the best expos near you.
All prices are in Euro (€), tax included